Oil Paint with Gini – 3 Day Portrait Class
August 4 @ 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Learn how to paint a portrait from your photo. 3 Day Class
- 1st Sunday (3 hours) – Composition & drawing onto your canvas. Demonstration & help provided using several methods.
- 2nd Day (4 hours) – learn how to do an under painting putting in the darks and lights you see in your photo. Several methods will be discussed and demonstrated. Palette mixes for flesh tones will be discussed and demonstrated. I’ll have handouts with different mixes/formulas available.
- 3rd Day (4 hours) – Finishing the painting. Details & help with your painting. Corrections, feedback help. My intention is not to do the painting for you…but to help you learn how to do it yourself.
- 3 Sundays: Aug 4, (10am – 1pm) Aug. 11 (10am – 2pm) and Aug. 18 (10am – 2pm) Bring your own snacks/lunch if desired.
- Cost: $80 – for all 3 days.
- You bring your own supplies.
- Photo of subject. Make sure this is a clear photo. The better the photo the better your painting. I use my smart phone and my ipad a lot. I will demonstrate how to do that effectively.
- Drawing supplies: Graph paper. Pencil. Ruler. Proportional divider tool is very handy.
- Oil Paints and medium (basic set of colors – artist grade rather than student grade is better)
- Oil brushes, I use a 3/4″ flat for backgrounds and various smaller flats and filberts for details. Brushes matter, so bring good ones.
- Canvas – always paint portraits as life size as possible. I suggest either a 12″ x 16 or 16″ x 20″ to start.
- Paper towels
- All levels of painters welcome.
- Maximum of 12 students
Use the form to register online or drop by Gallery 119 or call 765-778-0986 to register.